Advice for Residents
Here is the link to the Kent Police Crime Commissioners new initiative about Victim's Rights....Victim Voice (kent-pcc.gov.uk)
The parish council would like to remind residents about the HollieGuard app
In danger? With a simple shake or tap it activates Hollie Guard,
immediately notifying your chosen contacts, pinpointing your location
and sending audio and video evidence directly to their mobile phones.
We have received reports about a doorstep criminal active in Larkfield and Ditton areas.
- A small man with an Irish accent is cold calling residents and before any work is agreed, he starts ripping up driveways or working on gardens.
- We've received reports of people being intimidated by this criminal.
- One resident was also driven to the bank to withdraw cash.
What to do
- NEVER agree to work from someone who knocks on your door uninvited
- Don't allow anyone to pressure you into having work done
- If you ask them to leave and they don't, contact the police on 999
- Use reputable traders who are members of the KCC Trading Standards approved trader scheme, run in partnership with Checkatrade
- Get a minimum of 3 quotes in writing
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.