Birling Parish Council
Advice for Residents
We have received reports about a doorstep criminal active in Larkfield and Ditton areas.
- A small man with an Irish accent is cold calling residents and before any work is agreed, he starts ripping up driveways or working on gardens.
- We've received reports of people being intimidated by this criminal.
- One resident was also driven to the bank to withdraw cash.
What to do
- NEVER agree to work from someone who knocks on your door uninvited
- Don't allow anyone to pressure you into having work done
- If you ask them to leave and they don't, contact the police on 999
- Use reputable traders who are members of the KCC Trading Standards approved trader scheme, run in partnership with Checkatrade
- Get a minimum of 3 quotes in writing
Please warn vulnerable family members, friends and neighbours.