Birling Parish Council
Symptom-free Testing Sites to Open Across Kent
Rapid-result coronavirus (COVID-19) testing for people who don’t have symptoms is being rolled out across Kent this week.
The testing will find people who don’t currently have symptoms, who may be unknowingly spreading the virus in the community and the sites are part of a rolling programme to help reduce the rates of transmission in Kent. In addition to sites already running at Sheppey and Ramsgate, people can now book for tests from today (4 January), using the link https://kcc.healthit.org.uk/covbook/home at the following venues:
Northfleet Youth Club, Hall Road, Gravesend DA11 8AJ
- Swanley Youth Club, St Mary's Road BR8 7BU
- Dover Discovery Centre, York St CT16 1PH
- Folkestone Library. 2 Grace Hill, Folkestone CT20 1HD
- Unit 1 Eurogate Business Park, Thomson Rd, Ashford TN24 8XW
- Kent Show Ground, Detling ME14 3JF
- Kemsley Community Centre, Ridham Avenue, Kemsley ME10 2SF
- The Centre, Birchington, Alpha Rd, Birchington CT7 9EG
- Sidney Cooper Gallery, 22-23 St Peter's St, Canterbury CT1 2BQ
- Larkfied Library Martin Square, Larkfield, ME20 6QW
- Fairfield Leisure Centre, Lowfield Street, Dartford DA1 1JB
- Assembly Hall Theatre, Crescent Rd, Tunbridge Wells TN1 2LU
All symptom free testing sites will be open daily from 9am to 7pm Monday, starting on Thursday 7th January. Key workers and their families have already been receiving invites to book as a priority to support the NHS and other frontline services. From now (Monday 4th January), all members of the public who live or work in those areas are also able to book a test. Once all 14 sites are open, there will be capacity for over 13,000 tests across Kent per day. Since opening on 17 December, there have been over 8,800 tests carried out at the sites in Sheppey and Ramsgate, helping to identify positive cases in the community and reduce the spread of the virus.
To book a test, use this link: https://kcc.healthit.org.uk/covbook/home
Residents attending this testing will undergo a lateral flow swab test and will receive their result within a couple of hours of attending the test by text or email. If they are positive, they will be told to self-isolate, follow the national guidance and they will be instructed to have a PCR test to confirm their positive result. If they are negative, they must still continue to observe social distancing guidelines, wear a mask in public and regularly wash hands.
These sites are in addition to the regional and local testing sites for people who have symptoms. If you have symptoms you should NOT attend one of our symptom-free testing sites but instead book a PCR test https://www.gov.uk/get-coronavirus-test
Find Birling Parish Council
Birling, West Malling, Kent